By Ayo Akinfe
(1) Nigeria will own agricultural plantations on Mars to grow crops that cannot be cultivated in our tropical climate
(2) There will be an underground high speed railway link connecting Lagos with Europe, Asia and the Americas
(3) Nigeria will manufacture 90% of the world’s drugs for tropical diseases like malaria and yellow fever
(4) Nigeria will mass produce hybrid seedlings for all tropical crops like cocoa, palm oil, groundnuts, cashews, coconuts, yam, cassava, etc that enable you to grow them anywhere
(5) Nigeria will be the global centre for tropical medicine where everyone visits for treatment and operations on ailments like Ebola
(6) Nigeria will have dredged the rivers Niger and Benue, building the world’s largest man-made rapids on both of them, creating hydro-electric power plants that can generate 100,000MW of power
(7) Nigeria would have merged with Niger Republic and converted 70% if its territory that is in the Sahara Desert into lush farmland. At the moment, 80% of Niger Republic is in the desert
(8) Our Niger Delta will have the world’s largest shipbuilding capacity, mass producing submarines, aircraft carriers, petroleum tankers, cruise liners, etc
(9) Every single one of Nigeria’s 774 local government areas will be connected to a high speed railway network. The maximum time it will take you to travel from one part of Nigeria to another by rail will be three hours
(10) Nigeria will revolutionise housing with the construction of eco-friendly apartments that are self-maintaining, renewing themselves, kind of like plants
I have a dream and it is a pleasant dream about the future. Like Joseph my dreams will come to pass for I have been to the mountain top and seen the Promised Land.
I may not get to the Promised Land with you but make no mistake about it, the future is bright: the future is Nigerian
The 19th century belonged the Britain, the 20th century belonged to America and the 21st century belongs to China. The 22nd century shall belong to Nigeria.