On September 28 1785, Napoleon Bonaparte graduated from the military academy in Paris. He was only 42nd in a class of 51 and no one paid any particular notice to him. However, history had other ideas
A right wing and reactionary general brought in to crush the French Revolution, Napoleon Bonaparte ended up leaving an...
Palm oil plantation
Electric car assembly line
Transformer manufacturing factory
Oilseed crushing plant
Malaria pharmaceutical plant
Solar panel assembly plant
When you are the world’s largest black nation, you simply have to think biggest,...
(1) Yesterday, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) offered debt forgiveness for 28 of the world’s poorest countries. To be honest, they had no choice as these countries will never be able to repay such debts. Most of them were African
(2) Of the 55 nations in Africa, probably about 20 are viable. Most of them are too...
(1) This year, about one third of Nigeria’s $33bn annual budget shall be funded by borrowing. We simply do not generate enough wealth as a nation to raise a paltry $33bn despite having a population of 200m
(2) Sadly, Nigeria is a mono-economy with about 95% of government revenue coming from crude oil exports. With...
(1) Today is February 5 and for me it is significant in that it was on this day in 1945 that America’s General Douglas MacArthur returned to Manila after the US recaptured the Philippines from Japan. By February 1945, it was clear that the Allies were going to win the war both in Europe and Asia. Thinking ahead, they...
(1) Volkswagen Beetle
(2) AK-47 assault rifle
(3) Kenwood mixer
(4) Phillips pressing iron
(5) Samsung mobile phone
(6) Dell laptop computer
(7) Sekonda wrist watch
(8) Bosch fridge-freezer
(9) LG flatscreen television
(10) Nike trainers
All these products are or were market leaders in their sectors as they were...
AMERICAN health officials have expressed scepticism over the efficacy of the new Covid-19 vaccine Russian scientists claim to have developed saying that there is not enough available data from its clinical trials to convince them it works.
Yesterday, Russia became the first country in the world to grant regulatory approval...