A 10,000MW hydro-electric power plant at the confluence of the Rivers Niger and Benue in Lokoja
An 830km coastal wind farm stretching from Badagry to Calabar
A 5,000MW gas-fired plant in Bonny
An Usman Dan Fodio Solar farm stretching across Zamfara, Kebbi and Sokoto states
An El-Kanemi Solar Farm stretching across...
By Ayo Akinfe
Africa is in the middle of the world and Nigeria is in the middle of Africa. If you actually look at a map of Africa, the continent is shaped like a gum and Nigeria is exactly where the trigger should be
In terms of landmass, Nigeria is only number 14 in Africa. Yet we have the largest population and the biggest...
Incessant erosion in the southeast geo-political zone
Encroaching desertification in the northeast and northwest
The advancing Atlantic Ocean in Lagos
The River Benue over-flooding its banks every year
The reckless use of generators and the diesel fumes this releases into the atmosphere
We need to end gas flaring...
A high speed rail network to be constructed across the country over the next 20 years linking all 36 states
Road maintenance is to be given back to the states. The Federal Ministry of Works will ensure funds are disbursed to state governments to cater for stretches that fall within their domains
Build an 830km Atlantic windmill wall along our coast from Badagry to Calabar. We should set ourselves a target of generating at least 5,000MW from this project
Build a 25,000MW hydro-electricity power plant at the confluence of the Rivers Niger and Benue in Lokoja. This will involve the creation of an artificial Lake...
(1) Kogi - At the River Niger/Benue confluence at Lokoja
(2) Ogun - Along the Ogun River on the outskirts of Abeokuta
(3) Kaduna - At the Matsirga Waterfalls
(4) Anambra - On the Anambra River at Agulu
(5) Adamawa - Along the River Benue at Yola
(6) Delta - On the banks of the River Niger at Illah
(7) Osun - Along the...
(1) The federal government shall build six new dams on the rivers Niger and Benue to create artificial lakes to avoid the rivers breaking their banks
(2) All state governments must build similar dams on the major waterways in their territories such as River Kaduna, Ogun River, Owena River, River Anambra, Imo River,...
(1) Is there any agency in Nigeria dealing with the issue of silt in our rivers?
(2) Across the far northern tip of Nigeria, farmland is being eroded by desert encroachment
(3) Large parts of southeast Nigeria are made up of soft clay soil not suitable for agriculture and prone to erosion
(4) If we dredged just...