Yam - 80m tonnes
Onions - 10m tonnes
Coconuts - 10m tonnes
Groundnuts - 5m tonnes
Cocoa - 2m tonnes
Kolanuts - 300,000 tonnes
Cassava - 80,000 tonnes
Millet - 20,000 tonnes
Sorghum - 20,000 tonnes
Whether we like it or not, we have to become a major manufacturer in the agro-allied sector. We need...
NIGERIA'S Chinese community has donated food items to low-income earners and orphanages in Lagos as part of its contribution to the less well-off in the country during the festive period.
Eric Ni, the chairman of the Chinese Industrial and Commercial Enterprises Association and Huaxing Arts Troupe Nigeria, who led the group...
We like to blame colonialism for all our woes but after 50 years as an independent nation, that excuse was no longer tenable. On August 31 1957, Malaya gained independence from Britain. Like Nigeria, she was ruthlessly colonised by the British but had to be let go after World War Two.
A gentleman named Tunku...
Given that Nigeria's average revenue from crude oil exports totals about $50bn a year, four other sectors of the economy must each match this figure by the year 2025. They should include agriculture, manufacturing, tourism and solid mineral extraction. Our aim should be to generate at least $300bn in export...
(1) Worldwide, about 80m hectares of irrigated lowland rice provide 75% of output
(2) Irrigated rice is grown in bunded fields or paddies, which are surrounded by a small embankment that keeps the water in. Our Niger Delta is tailor-made for this kind of rice production
(3) Rainfed lowland rice is grown in river...
(4) Cooking oil
(9) Bottled water
(10) Powdered milk
If the minimum wage is N30,000 per month, basically, we need to come up with a formula whereby about 5kg of all these items can be purchased at a quarter of that. For Nigeria to be at...
(1) Cocoa - We need to boost our annual harvest to 1m tonnes from the current 330,000 tonnes
(2) Rice - We need to boost our national harvest to 10m tonnes from the current 4m tonnes
(3) Sugarcane - We need a 10m tonne crop, up from the current 38,000 tonnes
(4) Palm oil - We need to boost output to 20m tonnes from...