I would tell all the state governors that as from October 1, we plan to scrap the federal allocation regime. They thus have nine months to get their states self-reliant
I would scrap government subsidies on all religious pilgrimages. If you want to go to Saudi Arabia or Israel, you are on your own
I would scrap all...
By Ayo Akinfe
How many Nigerians know that their country is a member of the D-8 Organization for Economic Cooperation, also known as Developing-8. It is an association for development co-operation made up of Bangladesh, Egypt, Nigeria, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Pakistan, and Turkey
The objectives of D-8 Organization...
NIGERIA'S finance minister Zainab Ahmed has asked for significant financial sector reforms that will enable the growth of Islamic finance in the economy as part of the search for investment capital required to develop infrastructure and boost manufacturing.
Despite having a massive population of over 200m people, Nigeria's...
Impose an indefinite ban on mosque construction across northern Nigeria, insisting that all such funds go towards school construction
Jail the parents of any Almajiris or out-of-school kids for a minimum of five year
Impose a 40% education tax on all mosques across northern Nigeria
Seize the private jets of all...
(1) Foreign direct investment - Aim for $50bn annually. When Mark Zuckerberg last visited, did we get him to commit to a minimum annual investment figure
(2) Development grants - I have lost track of how many billions are available through bodies like Unesco, Unicef, WHO, WTO, World Bank, etc
(3) Federal government...
(1) Open a 20,000 square kilometre National Game Reserve in Taraba State. Make it the world’s largest wildlife sanctuary. Designed along similar lines to South Africa’s Kruge National Park, it should employ about 5,000 park rangers to police and fight off poachers
(2) Create six mega cattle ranches of at least 1,000...
(1) Al Rajhi Bank of Saudi Arabia
(2) Dubai Islamic Bank of the United Arab Emirates
(3) Kuwait Finance House of Kuwait
(4) Maybank Islamic of Malaysia
(5) Qatar Islamic Bank of Qatar
(6) Alinma Bank of Saudi Arabia
(7) Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank of United Arab Emirates
(8) Masraf Al Rayan of Qatar
(9) Al Baraka...
(1) Kaduna State government is setting aside 5,000 square kilometres to build the largest cattle ranch in Africa in Birnin Gwari
(2) Kaduna State governor has reached an agreement with Al Rayan Islamic Bank to open an animal feed compounder at Birnin Gwari
(3) Kaduna State government has reached a deal with the New...
(1) Ensure that annual gross domestic product (GDP) is never below 10%. Single digit growth should be considered recessionary
(2) Attract a minimum of $50bn in foreign direct investment (FDI) annually
(3) Hold monthly meetings with the 36 state commissioners of trade & industry and ensure that they each attract a...