How many Nigerians know that their country is a member of the D-8 Organization for Economic Cooperation, also known as Developing-8. It is an association for development co-operation made up of Bangladesh, Egypt, Nigeria, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Pakistan, and Turkey
The objectives of D-8 Organization for Economic...
Getting Innoson to purchase the rights of The Beetle from Volkswagen so it can manufacture electric cars in Nnewi
Establishing a massive cattle ranch in Abia State to supply the leather for a shoemaking conglomerate in Aba
Getting a pharmaceutical giant like Pfizer to open a plant in Owerri or Orlu. It should start...
Float a public private partnership company in which the Anambra State government has no more than a 25% stake to manufacture Isiagu en mass. Maybe call it Ofe Nmanu Enterprises to attract investors such as myself
Build the world’s largest garment factory in Nnewi
Manufacturer isuagu coats for export
First of all the military clampdown must end today. There are no Boko Haram or Iswap terrorists in the southeast, so all political prisoners should be released, all charges against Nnamdi Kanu should be dropped and Ipob should be recognised as a civil society agitation group. Southeast Nigeria is not Sambisa Forest or...
Nigeria shall have a gross domestic product (GDP) target of $1.5trn by the year 2030 with the aim of unveiling an annual budget of $300bn. According to the African Development Bank, Nigeria has an annual infrastructural deficit of $100bn. We have to set ourselves the target of narrowing that gap significantly,...
(1) I wonder if Nigerians have noted how certain companies and countries are exploiting the economic openings this pandemic provides. For starters, online firms such as Zoom, WhatApp, Instagram, Twitter, etc are making a killing. So too as green companies like Tesla, who are cashing in on reduced travel. Nigeria has a...
(1) The NNPC is to be privatised with the government holding a stake of no more than 25%. Foreign partners will hold about a 50% stake, with the company floated on the Lagos, New York, London, Frankfurt and Tokyo stock exchanges
(2) The NNPC will be recalibrated as a diversified conglomerate with a presence in manufacturing,...
(1) Volkswagen Beetle
(2) AK-47 assault rifle
(3) Kenwood mixer
(4) Phillips pressing iron
(5) Samsung mobile phone
(6) Dell laptop computer
(7) Sekonda wrist watch
(8) Bosch fridge-freezer
(9) LG flatscreen television
(10) Nike trainers
All these products are or were market leaders in their sectors as they were...
(1) NNPC - Oil processing, distribution and retailing and the manufacturing of industrial equipment. It should also be involved in the production of oil by-products like petrochemicals and fertiliser
(2) Innoson - Manufacturing of industrial goods like automobiles, railway wagons, aircraft, ships, electronic consumer...