Lagos State: Our commercial capital currently accounts for about one quarter of Nigeria's gross domestic product (GDP) and one third of non-oil GDP. However, we need to built on it and turn it into an international financial centre that matches London which generates $650bn a year or New York which generates $1.4trn a...
(1) In response to the violence devastating their geo-political zone, the North East Governors Forum recently said it will create a regional security body similar to Amotekun. However, the governors need to take this a step futher by creating a regional developmental association with a mandate to making the six states...
NIGERIA'S federal ministry of education has begun moving pupils from boarding schools across the northeast of the country to secure locations in Abuja and elsewhere to avoid them being abducted by armed bandits and Boko Haram terrorists.
In what is now becoming a growing trend across Nigeria, armed criminal gangs now kidnap...
GOVERNOR Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has said that the current spate of insecurity across the country is the outcome of his prayers to God in 2016 when President Buhari failed to come to the assistance of his people.
Over recent months, Nigeria's security situation has deteriorated badly with kidnappers, bandits, armed...
(1) Let us all hope that when our mega cattle ranches are fully operational, we dramatically increase the number of cows in Nigeria from the current 20m to say the 189m produced in India today. This expansion in output will automatically present a new set of challenges which will need to be addressed. Will the Fulani be the...
(5) Leather goods
(6) Gum Arabic
(8) Shea Nuts
(10) Solar Power
(1) Leon Trotsky once said: “Even in ruins there is architecture.” Basically, what he meant was that the Phoenix always has a way of rising from the ashes to achieve greater...
(1) Disarmament centres will be established in every one of Nigeria’s 774 local government areas where illegal weapons will be handed in without any prosecution
(2) As from April 1 2021, it will be illegal for anyone to own an automatic weapon like an AK47. Anyone caught with one...
Yam - 47.9m tonnes
Cassava - 59m tonnes
Kolanuts - 140,000 tonnes
Shea nuts - 303,000 tonnes
Melon seeds - 606,000 tonnes
Bitter Leaf - No production figures available although Nigeria is believed to account for about 50% of global output
Cocoyam - 5.38m tonnes
Air potato vine (monkey yam) - No production...
(1) In Niger State, Governor Mohammed Bello Niger is sitting on a total land mass of 76,363 square kilometres. He should open a ranch that straddles Mokwa and Mashegwu local government areas that have a combined acreage of 13,520 square kilometres. Its headquarters should be in Mokwa where a feed compounding plant...
We are shamelessly a net importer of milk at the moment. In 2019, Nigeria only produced a paltry 523,599 tonnes of milk domestically.
We consume about 1.3bn tonnes of milk annually, so spend between $1.2bn and $1.5bn annually to bridge the gap between production and consumption. Once we have these mega ranches in place,...